Norfolk Humanists support the aims and objectives of Humanists UK. We offer the opportunity for comment and support through our Facebook page, see the above link, and the Humanists UK website. In addition, information is available here on services to schools and colleges as well as links to Celebrants for humanist ceremonies.
- NEXT MEETING: Currently we are planning several meetings for 2020 and as soon as these are confirmed we will let you know. In the meantime our best wishes for the season and a Happy New Year.
CELEBRATING HUMANISTS UK CAMPAIGNS 2019
Humanists UK and their supporters have worked throughout the year on several fronts and we congratulate them on their successes and their ongoing support of campaigns during 2019. Some of which are:
- Northern Ireland - Same sex marriage became legal and abortion was decriminalised.
- Supporting a successful legal challenge by Lee and Lizanne Harris against religious collective worship at their children’s school.
- The launch in 2019 by our President, Professor Alice Roberts, of a fundraising appeal to reverse the spread of faith schools and the discrimination, segregation and indoctrination for which they are responsible.
- An appeal to the crowdfunding site GoFundMe to shut down a crowdfunder being used by homophobic activists in Birmingham, was successful.
- Support of the Campaign to abolish blasphemy laws in Northern Ireland.
- A success as Humanists are allowed to sit on local RE curriculum-setting bodies. (SACRE)
- Supporting Paul Lamb in his campaign to legalise assisted dying.
- Challenging discrimination against the non-religious in NHS Chaplaincy roles.